Reduce the cost of maintenance on your equipment
The ACA integrated equipment reliability model includes many ways to safely reduce the cost of maintenance on your equipment including:
- Ensuring resources are spent on the most important equipment.
- Use of condition monitoring instead of time based intrusive preventive maintenance. We don’t recommend taking equipment apart to find out why it is running so well. A personal example of this is the air pressure indicator in your car. It used to be that you had to use a gauge to determine if your tires required air. Today, many cars tell you with a light on the dashboard when air is required.
- Life cycle management processes that include planned replacement (end of life) of high dollar, long lead time components.
- Electronically grouping work to reduce trips to the field or to the facility. Some call this “windshield time”. Reducing the time lost when maintenance personnel are traveling to the worksite.
- Use of long term cycle planning to clearly define the work to be performed and resources required over a long period of time, such as 10 years.